HOME>WESTERN PA>CONNELLSVILLE COALFIELD>MUTUAL

MUTUAL, PA


The coal patch at Mutual, owned by the H.C. Frick Coke Co. They Mutual mines closed in 1923. (Jan. 2002 image by author)


These "salt box" company houses were probably built at an earlier period than the residences pictured above. (2003 image by author)


Out of the 195 coke ovens at Mutual in 1916, this is all that is left. (Aug. 2002 image by author)


WESTERN PENNSYLVANIA COALFIELDS

APPALACHIAN COALFIELDS HOME