HOME>WESTERN PA>CONNELLSVILLE COALFIELD>MONARCH

MONARCH, PA

www.addlikebutton.net


Some of the remaining company-built homes at Leisenring No. 3, now called Monarch. The Connellsville Coke and Iron Co. built the patch in 1886. H.C. Frick Coke Co. took over in 1890, and the mine was idled in 1928. During World War 2 the Leisenring No. 3 mine was reactivated, only to be abandoned once and for all in 1961. (Jan. 2002 image by author)


A company-built, two-family outhouse still extant in the Leisenring No. 3 patch. (May 2003 image by author)


The house on the right has a more modern porch roof added by the owner. (Jan. 2002 image by author)


There are also these smaller company-built cottages at Monarch. (Jan. 2002 image by author)


The Leisenring No. 3 tipple at Monarch is no longer there. (Image source forgotten)


WESTERN PENNSYLVANIA COALFIELDS

APPALACHIAN COALFIELDS HOME